Friday, December 13, 2013

The search for stability

Although I love my job, I think most people know that I'm actively seeking a full-time position. I'd love to stay at IU and particularly the office of admissions, but no matter where I end up, I really just NEED health insurance. I've grown tired of the uncertainty of Medicaid, and I'm definitely at my wit's end with the amount of debt I've accrued. My credit is wrecked--I don't even want to know how bad it is now.

Anyway, my suspicions were correct that lots of IU positions are opening up for January start dates. I've applied to 12 full-time jobs over the course of the last two weeks. TWELVE! Those odds have got to work in my favor, right? I'm feeling optimistic, and I sincerely hope that this round of applications contains my answered prayer. Tis the season; I hope Jesus agrees and will work favorably on my behalf. (I could also use your continued prayers!)

I have finally come to the conclusion that this period of unemployment and financial hardship has been a blessing in disguise. I've realized just how supportive my parents are and that they always have my back. I've been forced to spend lots of time evaluating myself and my spending habits. I've had sufficient time away from my lines of credit and have gotten into the habit of being scrupulous with my money. I'm ready to budget and make smart choices once I get a higher stream of income and can start the journey into the black. And, most importantly, I've had hours and hours, weeks, months, nights, and days of uninterrupted time with my Kimmy-girl. I've gotten to watch her learn and grow, conquer milestones, see the world through her own creative perspective, and enjoy each moment of her every day. She is the biggest blessing, and throughout any storm, I am always thankful for her light in my life.

I'm here. I'm ready! Hit me, life (in a good way)!

-Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment