Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Breakfast for dinner

I don't have much to report today. It was a pretty lazy day with lots of Kimmy cuddles, a nap, and some cable TV. I really, really, really wanted to go on a walk tonight, but considering it was in the low 40s outside, I decided I'd stay inside with my still-recovering sick girl.

Jarrell and I have been making an effort to get into the habit of family dinners (and lunches whenever possible) together at the table while Kimmy is still  little. She seems to really enjoy having a parent on either side while she refines her finger-food technique, and she especially loves to watch her momma cook! Tonight Kimmy ate chicken, pasta, mandarin oranges (fave finger food), and tomatoes. Meanwhile, I cooked up breakfast for dinner for Jarrell and me: homemade pancakes, tater tots, and bacon. Was it healthy? No. (Although, we do use sugar-free syrup.) Was it good? Yes! Kimmy ate all of her food, so she got to try a few bites of pancake, which she essentially inhaled.

I just gave her a bath and put her down for bedtime. She's fighting sleep, but she'll be out like a light in the next 5 minutes or so. She rolls over on her little tummy and sighs so deeply right before she falls into deep sleep. I love listening to her self-soothing routine. She is such a good, sweet, smart baby. I can't express my thankfulness for her enough. She is the most precious gift, and I will treasure her always.

Happy hump day!

-Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment