Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wishful thinking

I don't know about anyone else, but being without an income makes me obsess over money. I'm always day dreaming about going shopping, going out to eat, investing in a new hobby, etc. At times when I think I'm not thinking about money, all I have to do is ask myself what I was thinking about for the last 5 minutes when I thought I was zoning out, and guess what the answer is? Money. Yeah, I'm thankful for what I've got, and, no, I'm not materialistic. But, it sure would be nice to have the freedom to spend.

Here is a list of things I would do if I had money:

  • Pay off my credit cards, car, and student loans.
  • Join Weight Watchers online.
  • Buy Alex Guarnaschelli's new cookbook.
  • Get my car washed and detailed.
  • Remove my belongings from storage and move Jarrell, Kimmy, and me into a new apartment.
  • Purchase a fishing license, fishing pole, tackle box and related supplies, and go fishing every Saturday morning until my freezer was stocked with crappie, bass, and trout.
  • Get a gym membership at the Y and pop Kimmy in the daycare there for an hour a day, so I could have some me time.
  • Hire a sitter for Kimmy and go on a dinner-movie date with Jarrell (it would be the first time since July 2012).
  • Go to the movies (again, it would be the first time since July 2012).
  • Donate to March of Dimes, Duke Cancer Center, and WVU.
  • Buy gifts for all my sick friends.
  • Go on a vacation to the Outer Banks, NC.
  • Purchase a new cell phone.
  • Buy a ton of groceries and test some new recipes.
That's all for now. Who wants to give me $10,000???

No comments:

Post a Comment