Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Time with Kimmy

I haven't written in almost a week, and I have a really good reason. I have been so thoroughly enjoying my time with Kimmy! We have had so much fun since Thursday, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I started Weight Watchers last Wednesday (thanks to a very generous friend who bought me a 3-month subscription), so Jarrell and I have been focusing on eating healthier and taking Kimmy on evening walks whenever possible. Kimmy and I have been eating our lunches together at the table, and all three of us have been eating our dinners together. I love family time!



Over the weekend, we walked to a few parks and to campus, got her 8-month pictures made, and on Sunday we walked 3 miles for the March of Dimes's March for Babies, for which I was able to raise $95 from friends and family. Sunday afternoon, we went to Jarrell's voice teacher's house for a studio party, where Kimmy crawled around like a mad woman. She slept all through the night Sunday night and last night because she's worn herself out so well during the day (and also probably because she's finally recuperating from her Easter ear infections).



While we're on the topic of sleep, I guess I should mention that I accidentally stayed up until 7:30am today. I couldn't get comfortable last night, and I never did fall asleep. I've been very tired today, but I didn't take a nap. Instead, I stayed up to play with my sweet girl! Jarrell is cranking out his finals-week work at the library, so it was just us girls today. It was about 75 degrees and sunny outside, so I dressed Kimmy in a pretty purple-and-white drop-waist sundress and her new (size 4!) multi-colored flower sandals. I can tell she felt so girly in her outfit today because she kept playing with her dress hem and prissing around. She is so cute! We ate our lunch together, and then we went outside to play with the other neighborhood babies (and also to get Kimmy a good vitamin D treatment for her eczema from the sunlight)! She had so much fun splashing in the neighbor's water table and crawling all over the grass. She is so enthralled by other babies and children that she barely made a peep and didn't cry the whole time, preferring to stare and smile the whole time instead. She eventually got drowsy from the hot sunshine and playing for an hour straight, so I took her for a 45-minute walk and let her take a stroller nap. We came in and ate dinner together after that, and then I gave her a bath and put her in bed early. It was just a really fun day!



I love my daughter. I wish motherhood on every female on this earth. There is nothing more entertaining or fulfilling than having a silly, creative, happy baby to hang out with all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment